Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Muchas Gracias

A BIG Thank You to everyone that donated and participated in the PKD Walk! Ryan's Family was so great to walk with me. His parents came up with us and then we met his sister Sandi and her 3 kids. We had a great time even though it rained on us. Little Garrett (4 years old) was so excited! Sandi said that all week he had been gearing up for the walk. She said that he told her one night that "tomorrow is Thursday, then Friday, and then we walk with Aunt Natalie." He was determined to walk the whole way on his own, which I must say that he accomplished! Sophie loved the drums as we "marched", and they all enjoyed the glow sticks in honor of Papito! We were able to see so many other families that struggle with the disease. It made me count my blessing because there were several families that had 3 and 4 members with PKD. So Muchas Gracias to all of you that supported me! I love you tons! Dad we love you and are so grateful for the example that you are to all of us of perseverance and determination!


Sophia walking (riding) for Gramps

Our Team

Garrett and Grandpa Frisby

Walking in the Rain

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Too Bad it was raining. I can't wait to do it together next year. We are going to Raise 1,000 next year with yard sales and auctions!

Sonia Lynn said...

I'm so glad to see you smiling even in the rain! Glad it went well and you had support!

Scott & Peg said...

Sissy, I had no idea you had this many involved in the walk...awsome... please give them all a personal thank you from me.

Love ya tons,

papito